Saturday 25 April 2009

playground rhymes

On Wednesday a few of us were trying to remember plyground rhymes from childhood.
Here are a couple I recall:-
In and out the shading bluebels
In and out the shading bluebells,
In and Out the shading bluebells,
I'll be the leader

Tap-arap-arapa on your shoulder
tap-arap-arpa on your shoulder
Tap-arap-arapa on your shoulder
You'll be the leader.
An interesting variation one person added was instead of "In and out the shading bluebells" she remembered singing "In and out the dusty windows" which might be very relevant.

Another skipping game was:-
All in together boys,
Frosty weather boys
O U T spells out.
I'll try and rack my brains for more. Please add the ones you remember.

Maggie (Magpops)

1 comment:

  1. I remember it as "In and out the dusty Bluebells": my daughter's 25 now & she used to sing that too!


    I found:

    Down in the valley where the green grass grows
    There's where Mary washes her clothes
    Singing so sweetly
    Sweetheart sweetheart
    Will you marry me
    We will get married
    At half past three
    We will have tea-cakes
    And brown cakes
    And lovely 'a'penny buns
    (& I can even remember a tune for it).

    Roger

    ReplyDelete